The Top 10 Absolutely Necessary Actions that a Small Business
Should Take to Protect Its Information, Systems and Networks
1. Protect information, systems and networks from damage by viruses, spyware and other malicious code.
2. Provide security for your Internet connection.
3. Install and activate software firewalls on all your business systems.
4. Patch your operating systems and applications.
5. Make backup copies of important business data/information.
6. Control physical access to your computers and network components.
7. Secure your wireless access point and networks.
8. Train your employees in basic security principles.
9. Require individual user accounts for each employee on business computers and for business applications.
10. Limit employee access to data and information, and limit authority to install software.