One of the most frequently asked questions we receive here at ThrottleNet is, “What is the Cloud and what should I know about it?” To answer this question, the “cloud” is any computer file (data, email, video, image, document, etc.) you upload or download; any storage you maintain online; or any online communicating you conduct. Basically, the “cloud” refers to any Web-based activity from most Internet connected devices.
· Lower Hardware and IT costs – The Cloud can reduce your overall IT expenses by diminishing your hardware and network management costs.
· You Only Pay for What You Need
– Due to the way in which most Cloud services
are invoiced, you only pay for what you use rather than paying for what you MIGHT use.
· Scalability –Rather than pay for expensive programs or hardware, you can easily scale your company’s storage needs.
· Remote Access – No matter where you are, your employees or customers can access and update information using a multitude of Internet devices (smartphones, laptops, etc.) rather than waiting until they are at the office.
· Better Response Time – The Cloud results in quicker response times in most cases when compared to standard hardware and servers.
· Skilled Vendor such as ThrottleNet – With more than 11 years of experience, a company such as ThrottleNet can manage and protect your crucial data so that your IT team (if you have one) can focus on the day-to-day activities.
· Disaster Recovery – The Cloud safely stores your business’s data on a secure server in a colocation facility (or data center) offsite rather than in a closet at your business. You will not have to worry about downtime due to a fire, flood, tornado or other potential disasters as long as you have an Internet connection via the Cloud.
For information on how ThrottleNet can help you get started with a cloud solution, call us at 1-866-826-5966.