St. Louis Has a Strong Tech Future
The St. Louis area is suddenly becoming known as a hot-bed for technology. Mike Heil, a Partner with ThrottleNet, appeared on TNtv to analyze the forces behind St. Louis’ rise as a technology hub spot and the future prospects for tech-related growth and employment. Heil said that St. Louis is future proofing its economy by moving away from traditional based manufacturing to an economy that is technology based. This follows global and national trends and the Gateway City is on the forefront of this new approach.
Strong Colleges Teaching Technology in St. Louis
Start up Capital Growth in St. Louis
Low Cost of Living in St. Louis Compared to Larger Markets
Incubator Growth in St. Louis
The >T-Rex facility has over 80 start-ups. It has funding from Arch Grants that has backed 15 startups thus far.
LaunchCode is another endeavor aimed at aspiring programmers. Its goal is to foster a friendly and attractive space to educate those aspiring to a career in technology.
Heil said St. Louis needs to focus on several areas to continue this momentum and spur tech related growth in the future.
1. Continuing to invest in infrastructure such as fiber, data centers and more.
2. Maintaining the low cost of living.
3. Building on programs to encourage students to attend local universities as well as others in Missouri.
4. Promoting job programs to help graduates stay in the area and launch careers in the region.
5. Developing new facilities similar to Cortex and T-Rex.
For additional information contact ThrottleNet at 866-826-5966.
Check out the episode below!