Security has become very complex, and it presents a constant challenge. Over 4 billion records were exposed by data breaches in the first half of 2019 alone*1. More than 70% of breaches are financially motivated*2, and the average cost of a data breach is almost $4,000,000*3. As the rate of cyberattacks rises, vulnerability audits help businesses identify their current weaknesses before they eliminate threats withoutsourced cybersecurity. Security is all about limiting access, so does it really make sense to outsource? In this case, yes it does. You probably didn’t install the doors, windows, and alarm system by yourself, either. Trusting a managed IT service provider with your security is a good idea because some jobs are best left to the professionals. Many business leaders only realize it’s time to outsource IT security after experiencing data loss or some other disaster. By the time you’re reading this article, you’ve probably already seen some of the signs that it’s time to entrust your cybersecurity to dedicated specialists:
- Past Cyberattacks – You’ve almost run into trouble with viruses, malware, or phishing attacks in the past.
- High Risk – You have a lot of sensitive customer data or other confidential information. This is common for many companies, especially those in industries like finance, healthcare, and legal.
- Remote Work – Employees often work remotely or use their personal devices for work.
- Cloud Computing – Investing in the cloud is a great way to future-proof a business, but it can also be risky if the execution isn’t ideal.
- Limited IT Budget – You don’t have enough security experts in your IT department, and don’t have the funds to hire more.
Like most business decisions, the decision to outsource IT security presents both advantages and disadvantages. The benefits of outsourcing cybersecurity outweigh the drawbacks for most companies, especially in the presence of any warning signs from the list above. Considering all of the following helps business leaders know what to look for when choosing a provider:
- Monetary Cost – There’s a price to pay for the best cybersecurity solutions, just like there always is when you invest in your business. The good news is that outsourcing almost always costs less than assembling an in-house team.
- Reliability – Some managed service providers hide behind buzzwords, then collect money without providing anything of real value. Separate contenders from pretenders by looking for cybersecurity companies that provide free consultations. This will help you see how the service can address your needs.
- Prevent Disasters – Simply put, investing in security will help keep your business safe. Managed IT companies will find the right specialists for your needs, then help train your own staff as needed.
- Save Time – Hiring a managed service provider for any IT need takes work off your plate, especially when it comes to a security landscape that requires constant attention. Securing technology also limits disruptions.
- 24/7/365 Protection – The best IT security solutions don’t have days off. This is how you manage IT risk in your sleep.
Here at ThrottleNet, we built a team of cybersecurity experts so you wouldn’t have to. As cyber criminals become more sophisticated, we invest in new software and training to stay a step ahead of them. When you decide to outsource cybersecurity (or upgrade from your current provider), we’ll keep you protected around the clock. Contact us today for a free on-site consultation.