Businesses in the St. Louis area are no strangers to change and innovation. As one of the most thriving tech communities in America, adaptation and evolution for each organization are critical.
That being said, with the constant updates in tech and the continuous increase of new and dangerous cyber threats, businesses need to take a proactive approach and ensure their cybersecurity solutions are up to date. When it comes to managing your business’s cybersecurity, you have two options: In-House or Outsourced.
If you are on the fence concerning which method is right for your St.Louis business, let’s break down the pros and cons of each option to help you decide. And if you are still on the fence our team of experts are happy to answer any questions you may have.
What is Outsourced Cybersecurity?
An outsourced cybersecurity solution is when you partner with a third-party company to handle your network security, including patch management, antivirus, and anti-malware solutions, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, incident response plans, and much more.
Pros of Outsourced Cybersecurity:
- Cost Efficiency: Outsourcing your cybersecurity offers businesses a greater scale of cost efficiency than managing it with an in-house team as you don’t need to worry about the overhead costs associated with salaries, training, or additional hardware and software investments.
- Increased Expertise & Knowledge: By partnering with an experienced cybersecurity firm, businesses can gain access to valuable knowledge on cybersecurity best practices and advanced cyber tools that can help them stay ahead of threats and protect their networks more effectively.
- Reduced Risk: With more experienced professionals managing your network security, they can identify any potential weaknesses before they become an issue, helping reduce the risk of a costly breach.
Cons of Outsourced Cybersecurity:
- Loss Of Control: Although partnering with an experienced firm can offer businesses more control over their cybersecurity, it can still be a challenge to maintain oversight and ensure that the third party is providing adequate security solutions.
- Difficult To Implement Changes: It can take time for changes to be implemented if they need approval from outside sources, which could create unnecessary delays in addressing issues quickly and efficiently.
What is In-House Cybersecurity?
In-house cybersecurity involves having a dedicated team of professionals who are responsible for managing all aspects of your cybersecurity. There are many advantages to keeping your cybersecurity operation in-house. Company Culture can be lost when you are outsourcing to a cybersecurity partner. A few additional pros to in-house cybersecurity include:
Pros of In-House Cybersecurity:
- Direct Access To Information: Having an internal team managing your cybersecurity can provide businesses with direct access to detailed information about their networks’ security posture.
- More Control & Oversight: By having a dedicated team handling all aspects of your organization’s cybersecurity, businesses have more control over their networks and can keep an eye on any potential weaknesses or threats.
Cons of In-House Cybersecurity:
- Costly: Managing network security in-house requires a greater investment than outsourcing, as it involves overhead costs related to salaries, training, hardware, and software investments.
- Limited Access To Talent: It can be difficult to find the right talent for the job if you are only looking within your organization, which could lead to lower-quality services.
- Increased Risk: Without experienced professionals managing your network security, there is an increased risk that any potential weaknesses or threats may go unnoticed until it’s too late.
ThrottleNet’s Award-Winning Cybersecurity Protects Your Business
While both options have their benefits and drawbacks, ThrottleNet can help businesses blend the two approaches to ensure optimal network security. By leveraging our extensive experience in both on-premises and cloud-based solutions, we can provide organizations with a tailored solution that meets their specific needs.
By partnering with ThrottleNet, you can rest assured knowing that your data is always safe and secure. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you blend In-House and Outsourced Cybersecurity solutions.